Mailjet is implementing a contact limitation to our free plan beginning November 1st. Users can still enjoy all the advantages of the free plan, with a limit of up to 1500 contacts. However, if your contact list on the free account exceeds this limit, a send hold will be applied. To lift the restriction, you can either reduce the number of contacts in your list or consider upgrading to a paid plan.
Your dashboard features a contact counter, providing a clear overview of both your total number of contacts and the 1500-contact limit applied to your free plan.
Furthermore, please be aware that templates will no longer be available for download on free accounts.
How this will impact your free account
Your current free account functionality will remain unaffected. However, once your contact list exceeds 1500 contacts, a send hold will be applied.
When a send hold is placed on your account:
- Scheduled campaigns WILL NOT be sent if the contact limit is exceeded before the send date.
- You WILL NOT be able to utilize the "send now" functionality for campaigns.
- You WILL be able to schedule campaigns, but they WILL NOT be sent on the scheduled date until the send hold is lifted.
- You WILL be able to create campaigns, forms, and collect contacts, but you WILL NOT be able to engage your contact list by sending campaigns.
This contact limitation applies to the entire account. If you use a subaccount, neither your primary nor subaccount may exceed 1500 contacts. If the limit is surpassed in either account, a send hold will be placed on both your primary and subaccount.
All contacts count toward the limitation, including those on your exclusion list. To avoid any send delays, we encourage you to maintain a clean and engaged contact list. To remove unengaged users and prevent exceeding the contact limit, you can utilize our bulk edit tools to remove contacts from the 'All Contacts' section within your account.
How to remove a sending hold from your free account
You can remove a send hold from your account through one of two methods:
- Reduce Contacts: You can remove contacts from your list until you no longer exceed the contact limitation.
- Upgrade to a Paid Account: Alternatively, you can upgrade to a paid account to enjoy the benefits of unlimited contacts and seamless sending.
Once you've taken either of these actions, you'll regain the ability to send campaigns immediately.
To ensure uninterrupted sending without worrying about contact limitations, consider exploring our plan options that offer unlimited contacts.